From Peter Ferrara’s Forbes Op/Ed, May 26, 2013.…Key points:
- The first River Thames Frost Fair was held in 1607, at the leading edge of the Little Ice Age, and the last such fair was held in 1814…as the Little Ice Age phased out during the middle to late 19th century.
- The Little Ice Age…has been attributed to natural cycles in solar activity, particularly sunspots.
- The increase in global temperatures since the late 19th century just reflects the end of the Little Ice Age.
- …ocean temperature cycles, and the continued recovery from the Little Ice Age, are primarily why global temperatures rose from 1915 until 1945, when CO2 emissions were much lower than in recent years.
- The 20 to 30 year ocean temperature cycles turned back to warm from the late 1970s until the late 1990s, which is the primary reason that global temperatures warmed during this period.
- …that warming ended 15 years ago, and global temperatures have stopped increasing since then, …even though global CO2 emissions have soared over this period.
- …because the CO2 greenhouse effect is weak and marginal compared to natural causes of global temperature changes.
- German meteorologists say that the start of 2013 is now the coldest in 208 years–
- Christopher Booker explained in the Sunday Telegraph on April 27, 2013, ‘Here in Britain, …we had our fifth freezing winter in a row,…’
- Booker adds, ‘Last week it was reported that 3,318 places in the USA had recorded their lowest temperatures for this time of year since records began.
- Britain’s Met Office, an international cheerleading headquarters for global warming hysteria, did concede last December that there would be no further warming at least through 2017, which would make 20 years with no global warming.
- Human emissions of CO2 are only 4 to 5% of total global emissions, counting natural causes.
- Booker again, ‘Has there ever in history been such an almighty disconnect between observable reality and the delusions of a political class that is quite impervious to any rational discussion?’
My contention has always been, why the “chicken little” stampede to Government management of the world economy? There are dissenting opinions; science is not all on one side, contrary to Mr. Gore’s assertions. I was educated to believe that true scientists actually invited peer review and dissenting opinions. Dummy me.