The purpose of this category is to provide information about the current pandemic from sources not always highlighted in the mainstream press. It is important to hear voices that aren’t so strident for the Chicken-Little hysteria that seems to admit no boundaries for the public health mafia’s lock down solutions.
While the threat to life posed by this virus is real and should be taken seriously, a blanket economic suppression that threatens lives and livelihoods must be acknowledged and weighed as part of the cost.
Instead we’ve experienced the classic politician’s syllogism:
- We must do something
- This is something
- Therefore we must do this
This category includes articles provided for your edification. There is no endorsement of a particular point of view. There have been no attempts to audit any data presented; take them or not. Use your own good judgment in digesting any information from these articles.
I think it’s important to keep some key questions in mind and open for more information as we work through this viral pandemic, made much worse by the economic pandemic.
- What is “herd immunity” and is it important for eventually overcoming the threat of COVID19?
- Does social distancing and shelter in place help “fight” the virus?
- Do we need more testing?
- Is “flattening the curve” a good idea, and if so, why?
- In protecting lives, are we ignoring livelihoods? If so, at what cost?
- Are there consequences of shelter in place that make it undesirable?
- Does this virus require an authoritarian response?
- Have the experts led us well?
- Has our Govt been a net plus or a net minus during this pandemic?
- Have the CDC and the FDA served their purpose well during this pandemic?
Leave a Reply